The Environmentally Friendlier Alternative to Diesel
Birlem Oil is a nationwide leading supplier of biodiesel, with many years of experience providing the high quality fuel to power generators and diesel cars. If you are keen to reduce your environmental impact, then consider switching to biodiesel today.
Why choose Birlem Oil for your biodiesel?
Birlem Oil biodiesel is carefully blended in-house with 5% vegetable-based oil, as per engine manufacturers’ recommendations. This enables it to be a more environmentally friendly alternative to white diesel. Our premium biodiesel is tested at our in-house blending facility to ensure it’s of the unmatched quality.
- Buy in quantities over 20,000 litres
- Improve PR for your company – everyone loves a sustainable business
- Avoid having to pay carbon levies
- 24/7 service, 365 days a year, no matter what the weather
- Have peace of mind that you’re doing your bit for the environment
- Nationwide deliveries to even those remote locations
Advantages of using biodiesel
- No scent
- Safe to store – ignites at 150°c compared to 60°c for mineral diesel
- Virtually zero sulphur content
- Less upkeep cost
- 70% decrease in carbon emissions
- Significant reductions in particulates and hydrocarbons
What is biodiesel?
Biodiesel is made from various vegetable oils, such as palm, rape, mustard, linseed, coconut, soy and canola and is similar to Ultra-Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD) in power and energy content. It is used in standard diesel engines and can be used alone or alongside mineral diesel.
Over the last 10 years it’s emerged as a useful and desirable alternative to mineral diesel. It is seen as an environmentally friendly fuel and has been recognised by the government as a valuable contributor to achieve the country’s goal of zero carbon transport.
Who can use biodiesel?
The UK government believes that the use of biofuels is the start of the journey towards zero carbon transport. The new ‘renewable transport fuel obligation’ is a requirement for transport fuel suppliers to increase their sales of renewable fuels over time. The transport sector is responsible for over 25% UK emissions, so improving this will have a profound effect on the UK’s steps towards net zero.
- Agricultural sprays – Due to its biodegradable formula it can be used as a carrier of fertiliser or pesticides
- Boiler Fuel – Biofuel can be used as an alternative for natural gas, ideal with the increasing prices of gas
- Fuel Additive – It can help maintain the pumps and keep other combustion components clean
- Power Generation – Biodiesel generators provide stand-by power if there is ever a power shortage
- Vehicles – Allowed in use for both on-road vehicles and off road construction, machinery, mining and hybrid electric vehicles
Call us today on 020 8801 5497 to order your biodiesel now and start contributing to a greener environment.
Red Diesel (Gas Oil)
With us, you'll never have to worry about waiting for a red diesel delivery or downtimeView Red Diesel (Gas Oil)
Birlem Oil will keep your business on the road with our efficient on-site white diesel deliveriesView Diesel (DERV)
Kerosene (Heating Oil)
Looking for a clean-burning central heating oil? You can count on our kerosene to keep you toastyView Kerosene (Heating Oil)
Oils & Lubricants
Our wide range of products will keep your machinery and equipment running smoothlyView Oils & Lubricants
The benefits of using Birlem Oil
24/7 Emergency Delivery
You'll never experience business downtime with our 24/7 service, 365 days a year.
With depots located all over the UK, our delivery times are some of the best in the industry.
205 - 36,000+ Litres
Our aim is to buy fuel at the lowest price possible and pass the savings on to you.
Dedicated Account Manager
With your very own account manager, you needn't ever have to worry about running out again.